Fostering a culture that prioritizes health and safety
Tourmaline conducts our activities in a manner that protects the health and safety of our workers and the public. Fostering a culture that prioritizes safety above all else is key to a sustainable future for our business.
Employees and contractors at every level and in every area of our organization are required to be aware of, and to comply with, all of our health and safety policies and applicable government regulations.
Our Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and procedures ensure that we are ready to respond immediately in the event of an incident to reduce risk of injury to people and the environment.
Our achievements for the year ended December 31, 2016:
LOST TIME INJURIES
RECORDABLE INJURIES BOTH SINCE 2014
REDUCTION IN LOST TIME INJURIES SINCE 2014
REDUCTION IN RECORDABLE INJURIES SINCE 2014
Above All Else
Tourmaline is committed to the safety of its workers and neighbours underpinned by an integrated approach to risk management, encompassing the following:
- Hazard identification, assessment and control are cornerstone of loss prevention program
- Asset integrity and maintenance programs ensure safe and reliable equipment
- Regular tracking of safety statistics
- Prompt and effective responses to environmental emergencies to minimize effects
- Pre-qualification process for contractors
- Comprehensive emergency response plan (ERP) in place